Benefits of Audio for Children:
Children go through a number of years when their reading ability is lower than their intellectual capacity. That’s when it’s particularly important to read aloud to your children and expose them to children’s audio.
- Great for second-language learners, learning-disabled students, and struggling readers or non-readers.
- Improving listening and comprehension skills.
- Increasing vocabulary.
- Learning the proper pronunciation of words.
- Learn to ‘see’ a story by using imagination instead of illustrations.
- Engaging a child’s interest in a way a parent or teacher reading aloud may not.
- Provides an enjoyable classroom/family activity.
- Teaches critical listening.
- Improves concentration.
- Helps to understand the subject content, thinking critically about the content, using imagination and making connections.
- Provides a read out loud model.
Podcasts and audiobooks can be a welcome addition to every classroom. Many students are avid readers while other are struggling to become readers and still others have given up hope. Audio podcasts have something to offer all of them.